Natural Light ✧

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! 

Now that it is the beginning of a new semester, we’re expanding our knowledge on different photography techniques. This week, we focused on natural light indoors and outdoors.


For this image, I had my friend Ella turned approximately 45° towards the window. I’m really proud with the outcome of this photograph because the shadows seem to be perfectly defined on her face.


For this image, I had Ella stand parallel to the window, which made the shadows a lot darker and they also happen to cover more of her face than they had before.


Here, we decided to go outside and see wether or not outdoor lighting will make much of a difference. Since we were standing beside the window earlier, the difference is very minor, however the photograph does appear to be a lot brighter and more vibrant than the others.


For this last photograph, we decided to use some equipment in order to soften the shadows and make it look like the weather is rather cloudy.

I really enjoyed this weeks lab and I’m looking forward to improve my skills!

Comments